Six reports of explosions on General Electric Monogram gas rangetops prompted the company to announce a recall yesterday for all 470 units.
A statement by the Consumer Product Safety Commission said if the dial is left between â€œOFFâ€ and â€œLITE,â€ the gas may not ignite, allowing propane to leak from the range, which could ignite in large quantities after that point.
No injuries or fires were reported following the incidents the CPSC knows of, only damages to kitchen cabinets beneath the rangetops.
All monogram liquid petroleum (propane) models are included in the recall. For information about contacting GE and for ways to redeem or return an affected range, visit our marketplace.